Parking at Sturgeon Composite is a privilege. In order to park in the school lot. The following are the student’s expectations and agreements:
- I understand that parking in the SCHS parking lot is a privilege and is provided as an opportunity to make life more convenient to me and my family.
- I understand that my safety and the safety of others are the most important aspects of driving my vehicle to and from school, and I agree to drive in a safe and courteous manner not only in the parking lot but also around the school grounds.
- I understand that I will be expected to follow all of the laws associated with driving a vehicle in the province of Alberta and may be subject to a fine if I disobey those laws including when driving in the SCHS parking lot.
- I understand that sitting in vehicles or loitering in the parking lot is not permitted. I am to be in class or the school during the day unless I am off campus for an appropriate reason.
- I understand that participating in illegal or school prohibited activities and/or possessing or transporting illegal goods (e.g. smoking, e-cigarettes, drinking, chewing tobacco, alcohol, drugs, weapons, going to off property altercation) in my vehicle on school grounds may be subject to legal and/or school disciplinary action.
- I understand that my parking pass is non-transferable and only registered to the vehicles listed to me. If there is a change in my information, I must go to the school office to get it changed.
- I understand that my parking pass must be visible at all times in my vehicle (preferably hanging from the rear view mirror) and that I park only in the appropriate designated area.
- I understand that my attendance (lates or absences) and behaviour (e.g. in the parking lot) must not become problematic.
- I agree to follow all the rules and expectations above and if I fail to obey them, I may have my parking privileges suspended or revoked without refund.
Note: Students and visitors who park in the parking lot do so at their own risk.