|School Year Start Up|
To facilitate a smooth transition from summer vacation to the new school year, we would like to provide you with the following information.
Students who require timetable changes are asked to come to Sturgeon Composite High School on the dates and time indicated below. Please be advised that being first in line is not necessarily an advantage.
- Grade 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on August 24th
- Grade 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on August 25th
- Grade 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on August 26th
The dates and times to register for the 2010/2011 school term are:
Students are also reminded that Sturgeon Composite High School has the following minimum course load for our students for the 2010/2011 school term.
- Grade 10 from 12:30 p.m. on August 31st
- Grade 11 from 1:00 p.m. on September 1rst
- Grade 12 from 9:00 a.m. on September 1rst
Conflicts on timetables will be addressed at the appropriate timetable change dates as outlined above.
- Grade 10 students must be registered in a minimum of 40 credits (No Study Periods)
- Grade 11 students must have earned 35 credits and be registered in a minimum of an additional 35 credits
- Grade 12 students must have earned 70 credits and be registered in a minimum of an additional 30 credits (15 credits each semester)
Note: Your grade placement is based upon the number of credits you have completed. Anyone with fewer than 35 credits is in Grade 10 while anyone with fewer than 70 credits is in Grade 11.
When considering timetable changes, the following criteria will be followed to avoid disappointment:
The staff at Sturgeon Comp. is looking forward to helping you new school year be a great success.
- The time tabling of core subjects is given priority.
- Course sections are balanced and may be full so few changes can be made.
- Grade 10 sections are designed for Grade 10 students. Older grades will be given a low priority on these classes.
- Teacher selections will be given a low priority.