Ceremony - Saturday May 19th 2018
- Rehearsal Starts 11am at the SHAW Conference Centre.
- Cap and Gown Ceremony starts at 1pm
Tickets for the Ceremony will be for sale the week of April 16-20 at a cost of $10.00 each. Each Graduate can purchase 8 tickets. If more tickets become available they will be sold at a later date. Ticket sales will happen in the library. Debit, credit card or cash ONLY. Ticket sales are as follows:
A – J Tuesday, April 17, 2018
K - R Wednesday, April 18, 2018
S – Z Thursday, April 19, 2018
Missed Friday, April 20, 2018
GRAD CAP AND GOWN SIZING
All grade 12s must go to the link below to do the sizing for their gown.
This sizing must be done in order to walk across the stage.
Please do the sizing even if you aren't sure you are going to make the grad list. Due by March 16th
SCHS Grad 2018 Banquet Information
Saturday May 19, 2018 Doors open at 5:00 pm
Shaw Conference Centre (Halls B&C) 9797 Jasper Ave. Edmonton, Alberta
SCHS Banquet Schedule
5:00 pm – Doors/bar open
6:15 pm – Grand march (all students in Hall A by 6:00 pm)
6:45 pm – Introduction and Thanks
7:00 pm – Dinner
Dance to follow
12:30 pm – Bar closes
1:00 am – Dance ends
This event is not affiliated with the school organized ceremony. This is a formal event, please dress accordingly.
- Banquet ticket sales will be from April 10th (at 9:00 am) until May 7th (at 11:55pm) in which each student/family will be allowed to purchase as many tickets as they choose to. If your banquet grad fee has not been paid yet, your $150.00 fee plus service charge will automatically be added on with the price of the tickets. These tickets are non-refundable.
- The banquet tickets will be purchased on-line at the same site the grad fees were paid. It is: https://schs.inviteright.com/2018. You will require the student ID number listed in the letter that was mail home. All guests, including the grad, must bring their Banquet tickets to gain entrance into the Shaw Banquet halls.
- Ticket prices will be $75.00 plus InviteRight transaction fees per ticket. All attendees, including the graduate, will require a ticket for this event. These tickets are non-refundable.
- At the time of the ticket purchase, you will be required to pick a table. Tables will be based on 8-10 guests per table. Please keep in mind that the committee reserves the right to adjust your table selection if necessary. At the time of the purchase, you will also choose a meal for each person at your table. There is a choice between a chicken and a vegetarian meal, this is also where you can communicate any dietary concerns (diabetic, gluten free, etc.).
- Parking: Underground parking is available under the Canada Place building, there is a pedway to the Shaw. Outside: parking lots are available to the west and south of the Shaw Centre. ALL PARKING IS PAID PARKING.
- There will be a cash bar available and there is a charge for pop and juice. If your son/daughter is 18 years of age or over, please ensure they will carry photo id with them as they will be required to produce this ID to possess alcohol.
- In compliance with health and safety guidelines, shoes must be worn always. Bring along a comfortable pair of shoes if necessary.
- ALL PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN. IT IS ULTIMATELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENTS OF ANY GRADUATE TO MONITOR THEIR CHILD AND GUESTS. IT IS THE POLICY OF THE SHAW THAT PARENTS REMAIN AT THE VENUE WITH THEIR GRADUATE AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS.
- There will be security staff supervising our event. We encourage ALL guests to conduct themselves appropriately to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone attending.
- Shaw Conference Centre or the Banquet Parent Committee of SCHS are NOT responsible for lost or stolen items. Please monitor your own possessions.
Graduates are being asked to provide 3-4 favourite pictures of themselves for the slideshow. Photos are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st to be included in the slideshow. All students are asked to take part even if they aren’t attending the banquet.
On Behalf of the Banquet Parent Committee of SCHS Grad 2018, we look forward to sharing this celebration with you. We would like to congratulate all graduates and wish them tremendous success in their future endeavors.